Gallop to Ponyville and celebrate your child’s birthday with the My Little Ponies! Party Idea Pros will walk you through every step of your pony party theme providing professional recommendation on just about every detail including invitations, party decorations, party favors, party food ideas, parties games and activities and lots and lots of little extras.
Browse Birthday in a Box’s My Little Pony Party Supplies and My Little Pony Idea Guide including invitations, decorations, food, party favors and games & activities. Lots more My Little Pony Party Supplies available on Shindigz!
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for you’re my Little Pony party:
- A real pony or horse for pony rides
- Tea party supplies like tea cups, saucers, teapots and tea party décor
- Dance music or a karaoke machine
Don’t forget the stamp!
Or get creative when inviting the ponies to the stable with some of these My Little Pony invitation ideas.
- Include a Color Your Own Pony activity in each envelope.
- Attach the party information to the tail of a small My Little Pony doll and hand-deliver the invites.
- Ask your guests to dress for “Rainbow Dash’s Fashion Relay.“
- Use a fun rhyme when writing you’re my Little Pony invitations such as:
Gallop to Ponyville as fast as you can,
Abigail’s having a party with all of her friends.
The My Little Ponies are setting the table,
So put on your best and head to the stable!
My Little Pony Party Decorations
Recreate the magic and vibrancy of Ponyville with the following My Little Pony party decorating tips.
- Decorate the party area with rainbows, clouds, hearts, butterflies, flowers and other colorful pictures.
- Use rainbow and white streamers and balloons to add instant color to the tables, chairs and walls. Tie balloons around the waists of My Little Pony figures.
- Use white craft paper as a table cover. Place crayons on the table to encourage the children to color on the paper.
- Set a My Little Pony sticker book at each place setting with stickers for each guest. Give each child different stickers so they can trade with each other.
- Place silk or inflatable flowers around the room.
- Place disposable cameras on the party table so guests can take pictures of the event and their friends. Mail each child a photo along with your thank you cards.
My Little Pony Party Food
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers, or hotdogs, you can add some My Little Pony themed food into the mix. Remember to think about color when arranging your platters. Here are some suggestions.
- Serve breakfast food instead of lunch or dinner food. Have a cereal bar set up and label it “oats,” label shredded hash browns “hay” and provide a rainbow assortment of fruit juices. You can even add 1 drop of food coloring to a glass of milk to change the color.
- Bake sugar cookies and use cookie cutters to cut them into the shapes of hearts, stars, horseshoes and, of course, ponies.
- Make a rainbow punch by filling each child’s cup with lemon lime soda. Then, place a scoop of rainbow sherbet in each cup.
- Decorate iced cupcakes with Lucky Charms marshmallows and rainbow sprinkles.
- Arrange veggie and fruit trays by color to form a rainbow platter.
- Other colorful snacks include rainbow goldfish, My Little Pony fruit snacks and personalized M&Ms sorted by color in separate bowls.
For the cake, you can ask your local grocery store if they have a My Little Pony themed cake or bake a Rainbow Sherbet Cake with our easy recipe. Then, frost a big rainbow across the cake using different colored icing and accent with small My Little Pony dolls.
My Little Pony Party Favor Ideas
Girls go crazy for tiny treasures they can bring home in their saddle bags. Fill their pouches with My Little Pony favors or some of the following fantastic favors.
- Stickers, stationary and coloring books
- Candy or plastic jewelry
- Small My Little Pony dolls
- Makeup, fruity lotion and key chains
My Little Pony Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- My Little Pony Party Supplies: As an alternative to using My Little Pony Party Kits, Birthday in a Box suggests using solid supplies in a variety of rainbow colors. Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
The My Little Pony name and all related characters and elements are the property of Hasbro Inc. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hasbro Inc.
My Little Pony Party Games and Activities
Free Personalized Coloring Pages
Just choose a page. Enter your child’s name and print — how simple is that and it’s FREE!!
My Little Pony Bedding
New! Unicorn Theme Headboard & Bedding
Courtesy of CeilingTileIdeas.com
Turn a boring kid’s room into a dream room by making your own cheap and chic no fuss unicorn theme headboard . The hardest part is narrowing down your options and choosing your tile style, design(s), and color(s).
NEW! My Little Pony T-Shirts & Clothing!
Look what we found on The Riding Corner!
Make the Night Last a Year
Don’t let this memorable night fade away with the morning sun. The next day, when all is still fresh, log onto Snapfish.com to create photo books, memory calendars, and even photo thank you notes or create a 5×7 photo card announcing the day, time, and location of your next celebration.