One of our favorite parties of all times was Portia's Peace and Love theme Bat Mitzvah party. It was not only colorful and festive, the theme was thoughtful and perfectly appropriate for the occasion. Ever since, this theme has sat patiently waiting on our “to do” list. Recently we received an email from Shauna planning her daughter's 8 year old birthday party and looking for “peace and love” theme ideas. So finally we have an excuse to move it right up to the top of our list. As we began gathering the best of the best “Peace and Love” party supplies, we quickly realized its versatility since it can be dressed up and down, made elegant or cute. You can decorate this party in bright neons or in Thanksgiving and holiday colors. Not only is a Peace and Love theme perfect for adult and children birthday parties, sweet sixteen, quinceanera, and Bat Mitzvah celebrations, it is also a meaningful fund raising theme, festive holiday party theme, and great for a kick-back, college party or school dance.
Peace and Love Party Invitations
Invitations are much like the title of a paper — they set the style and tone for the rest of the party. Children particularly love walking by the refrigerator and looking at the invitations. Sometimes the anticipation is almost as fun as the party itself!
Don't forget the stamp!
Peace and Love Party Tableware
Plates, Cups & Napkins
Try making your own peace and love party plates! Simply add a “Peace and Love” sticker to solid colored paper plates and cups.
Keychains can easily double as both party favors and napkin rings. Just thread the napkin through the rings or fold your napkin beautifully to create a little pocket to slide your favor into.
Centerpieces and Place Cards
Peace and Love Treats
Peace and Love Party Decor
Add some peace and love themed balloons to affordably decorate your party space!
Peace and Love Party Favors
Peace and Love Party Costumes
Children's Peace and Love 60s Costumes
Women's Peace and Love 60s Costumes
More Peace & Love Costumes for Women
Men's Peace and Love 60s Costumes
More Peace and Love Costumes for Men
Peace and Love 60s Costume Accessories
Peace Finger Chain! & Jewelry
Peace and Love Theme Children's Birthday Party Ideas
Party Idea Pros has an “old fashion” approach to kids’ parties. We say keep them small, keep them short, and keep them simple. We love hula hoops, beach balls,, crayons, washable markers, glue sticks, and musical instruments. Generally, the number of guest should equal the age of the birthday child, but don’t obsess if you are a few over or under — it is not worth the hurt feelings for an extra child or even two. Never, ever deliver invitations at school, unless every single child is invited!!!!! Save money – skip the jumpies and the pony rides. As your child gets older, slumber parties are popular but again, keep it small. Don't plan any party that will overwhelm you or your child! As always, proper supervision is key. Better slightly hovering than absent.
For a great kids Peace and Love party there are only a few essentials:
- A great invitation — even before the party begins invitations create a sense of anticipation. Think of all the time your own child spends looking at those invitations on your refrigerator.
- Great Peace and Love theme paper goods
- A cluster or two of latex balloons mixed with some fabulous mylar Peace and Love shaped balloons (be especially careful of latex balloons if you have very young children present) or other Peace and Love party decor
- Four activities: Generally, a Peace and Love Party theme appeals to an elementary age girl so consider a “doing” activity such as baking and decorating peace and love cookies or better yet, how about adding half an hour of children's yoga; a craft activity such as making no sew peace and love fleece blankets to be donated to your local children's hospital or homeless shelter; and a game activity like, “hippy limbo to groovy music”, and to end the party, a chance to break the pinata.
- For food and drink consider serving healthy and green choices. Serve granola, plain or with vanilla yogurt . For drinks set up a fresh squeezed juice bar or smoothie station – the girls could even squeeze their own orange juice! A colorful salad bar with sprouts would add a healthy hippy vibe.