For many of our 2017 June brides you are just a 3+ months away from the big day. Hopefully you have already sent out your Save the Dates, booked your venue and hired your band (or DJ), your florist, and your wedding photographer. Your dress was ordered months ago and now, you are are wondering if you have missed anything important. Well, there is one more thing to do >> make sure someone is planning your bridal shower. If your bridal shower invitations have not yet been ordered, TODAY is the DAY to order those shower invitations or to forward this post to the person hosting your shower so they can take advantage of these savings! Wedding Paper Divas currently has a Save 15% + Free Shipping on Bridal Shower Invitations (valid thru 3.31.17). Use Code AFFWPD15FS Continue Reading →
Just got engaged? Announce it to the World! Did you know that the four most popular days to get engaged are Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, Christmas Eve and of course Valentine’s Day? Wedding Paper Divas has made announcing your big news to the world both stylish & budget friendly! Click here to start shopping these amazing and personalized save the dates.
Fun Wedding Registries
Now that you are engaged, in addition to starting to obsess about the myriad of wedding details, you will also want to start thinking about what your life together might look like and all the “stuff” you will need (or might want) to get you started on this life long journey. This week on Small Talk Big Day, Amber lends some expert insight into creating fun wedding registries . Just one note for your guests >> Even if you receive a Save the Date, we think it is best to wait until you get an official wedding invitation before you buy your wedding gifts. Besides, the registry is a work in progress. Give the bride and groom enough time to edit their wish list. As time goes on their priorities, and even taste, may evolve. Continue Reading →
We are loving Wedding Paper Divas’ video blogs. On this week’s Small Talk Big Day, Amber gives advice for all those who are newly engaged! It’s hard to keep the fun news a secret, but Wedding Paper Divas’ expert lends some thoughtful tips and ways to properly announce and share the big engagement news to everyone. We are loving this advice!
- Be sensitive >> This will be one of the biggest moments in your life! Before you tell your entire circle about the big news, make sure you and your partner tell your closest friends and family first. (PIP echoes this advice — SO SO TRUE!)
- Stay off social media >> As you call your parents, siblings, grandparents, best friends, and so on, make sure you tell them to keep the news a secret. They should not be allowed to Tweet about it, before you get to!
- Make it count >> Once you find the right time to let the world know about your engagement, take pictures of just the two of you. Your sweet announcement should not become a Facebook image gallery of your engagement ring. Keep it classy!
Along with the video’s release, Wedding Paper Divas is now offering 15% off save the date orders or 20% off orders of $99 using the code SAVESEP20 at checkout (valid thru 9/29/15). You have lots of choices >> share the big engagement news on classic flat cards, postcards, magnets, and now even on festive coasters. Here are a few of our favorites:
FTC Disclosure Statement: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Having said that, rest assured, Party Idea Pros only recommends products and companies we <3 & trust!
This week on Small Talk Big Day, Amber, from Wedding Paper Divas, offers easy tips for wedding invitation wording. Two of Party Idea Pros most frequently asked questions is how to address wedding invitations and how much information to actually include on the invitation itself. Sometimes it is just as important to know what not to include especially if it might be a major wedding faux pas. Here are some great tips on what not to say to your guests:
- Gift Registry Information – It is totally acceptable to hope your guests send you gifts. However, your wedding invitations are not the place to talk about present requests. Leave that type of detailed information to your Wedding Website instead! This frees up more room for specific information about the venue and wedding date.
- NO Kids allowed – It’s not uncommon for the bride and groom to prefer that children don’t attend the Big Day. Instead of telling parents to just leave the children at home, it is much more polite to specifically address the invite with who can come to the wedding! Be precise on your invitation, and only list names of the individuals allowed to attend. We promise, following this little rule will save you untold headaches!
- Entree Selections – Please leave any talk about food to the response cards. If you prefer to have a dry wedding, you do not need to list that on your wedding invitation! Your Wedding Website is the perfect place to share any fun, extra information for your guests.