Anime Character Costumes
As many of you already know, we are Yahoo news junkies and every once in a while, a story inspires us, appalls us, or simply makes us laugh. This morning’s story about a gal from Ukraine who spends hours each day transforming herself into a real life anime character got our creative juices flowing. For months we have been contemplating how best to showcase the amazing custom anime character costumes but worried that they might not quite achieve the desired look on a real live human being.
We were wrong – with a little make-up and great cosplay costume, just about anyone can transform themselves into a living anime character for not much more than an off the rack Halloween costume. These high quality, custom designed cosplay anime character costumes look amazingly authentic and will definitely help you stand out from the pack this Halloween. Cosplay costumes also work great as couples costumes and group costumes but it is essential that you plan ahead because they are special order and take a few extra days for delivery.
Here are a few videos showing you how2 create those amazingly large anime eyes fanboys adore.
Continue Reading →
Halloween Party Favors – Chocolate Covered Oreos
Make your Halloween party a little more delicious this season with these chocolate covered Oreo cookies shaped like ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, and candy corn. Serve them as party snacks or send them home with guests as your Halloween party favors since they arrive individually packaged and tied with matching ribbon – so cute! The shelf life for these cookies is up to 3 months so you can actually plan ahead and order them early. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to check party favors off your “to do” list
These treats would be ideal Halloween party favors for classroom Halloween classroom parties, costume parties for both children and adults, and even fun at home celebrations.
Important Ordering Information >> Please note that this item can only be shipped via 1-Day Shipping for delivery dates between May 1st and September 30th. Additionally if you need a Tuesday delivery you must choose 1-Day Shipping service. Also, be sure to select the $15 cooler fee for all orders being delivered between April 15th and September 30th.
Put the “wild” in your party with this fabulous animal print, jungle safari party celebration package
A festive theme for adult birthdays, ladies night out, baby showers, bridal showers, college parties, sweet sixteens, quinceaneras, teen birthdays, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, non profit events, proms and high school dances, fundraising galas, and reunions of all sorts.
If you are planning a baby shower or birthday party for your son or daughter be sure to check out Party Idea Pros:
Jungle Safari Party for Children| Just Monkeys | Monkey Around Party | Happy Hippo Party | Little Giraffe Theme Party Planning, Ideas, and Supplies | Owl Theme Party Planning, Ideas, and Supplies | Horse Theme Party Invitations and Stamps | Zebra Theme Party Planning, Ideas, & Supplies
Continue Reading →
Halloween Costume Exchange Party
In times of economic uncertainty, many of us are cutting expense yet looking for creative ways to maintain a full and vibrant life style. For years, Americans have gone all out for Halloween celebrations often sparing no expense in assembling frighteningly elaborate costumes and accessories. There is really no need for Halloween 2014 to be the year of the ghost. Re-fold your old sheets and get ready to double your fun. In addition to your annual Halloween party festivities, host a pre-Halloween costume exchange party.
A successful costume exchange party needs rules.
- All costumes must be clean and in wearable condition
- Costumes must be rip and stain free, with working zippers, no missing buttons, etc.
- Costumes should be neatly hung on hangars, clearly labeled with costume name and size, with all accessories neatly bundled in a clear, large, labeled ziplock bag and attached to the hangar with the costume.
- Some people skip the hangars and have guests simply place their costumes in piles on tables like at a garage sale. Personally, this organization style is way to chaotic for our tastes.
- If possible spread out – place women’s costumes in one room, children’s costumes in another, men’s costume’s in a third room, and random accessories such as boas, shoes, jewelry in a seperate area
- Guests are entitled to a 1:1 exchange by area
- ie. Contribute 1 children’s costume, take 1 children’s costume. Bringing 3 boas does NOT entitle you to take 3 women’s costumes, just 3 accessories.
What you need to host a Halloween Costume Exchange Party
Continue Reading →
Full of glitz, glamour, ornate details, and a true style all its own – what girl wouldn’t want “The Great Gatsby” look? Whether you are planning a casual Gatsby themed garden party, fabulous, glamorous cocktail evening, or even attending a Great Gatsby costume viewing party, there are plenty of ways to add a flapper-esque flair to any look with the 1920s fashion inspired dresses and accessories over at ModCloth.
- Details, details, details. Epaulets, pearls, rhinestones, and sequins were highly used during this time period to add glitz to an evening outfit.
- Slender silhouettes. While you could still see a full skirt, long hemline, and high neck, the robe de style dress featuring a drop waist and straight cut was the most popular style.
- Haute headpieces. To top off the entire look, add a whimsical & decadent headpiece from ModCloth. You can even DIY a fabulous headband with ribbon, feathers, and gemstones!
For more tips & tricks to achieve the perfect flapper-esque look, you can visit the ModStylists here: ModCloth ModStylists Will Style You Up!. The ModStylists can put together a look-book specifically for you!
Today through May 2, 2013 all clearance costumes & shoes are drastically reduced to $10 at Costume Express. This is an unbelievable sale. It is definitely worth the time to check out the discounted costumes and stock up not only for Halloween but for your year long costume wearing events. Think elementary school productions, Memorial Day and 4th of July parades, and children’s birthday parties.
Do you have a graduating high school senior leaving for college in the fall? Many of the college mixers are themed costume parties so what better a gift than a fully stocked costume box. Izzy’s costume box includes everything from Disney princess costumes to cute animal costumes to sassy angels and sizzling devil costumes. Many costumes serve multiple purposes – for example the featured clowning around costume works great for a neon themed party as well as a Mardi Gras party.
Don’t dawdle – these costumes are flying off the shelf.