“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we’re here we should dance.” Proverb
Top 10 Summer Party Theme Ideas
Warm days and long nights is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s party!”. Gather friends and families to celebrate summer. Do not stress over the planning. Keep it simple. Party Idea Pros has gathered the best of the best and organized the choices into easy, simple to execute, celebration packages.. Yes, planning a party can be fun when all you need to do is point and click your way to a meaningful, beautiful, festive celebration! Enjoy the process — enjoy the party!
Be sure also to check out Party Idea Pros How2 video: Prepare For Your Hot Summer Event
New Party Idea Pros Favorite Summer Nights Party!
Rather than wasting hours watching mediocre summer television, catch up on the best of the best movies of 2014. Make it a movie night and invite friends and family to watch with you.
- Red, White, and Blooms – A Patriotic Party Everyday is a patriotic day! Take time to celebrate America with family and friends. Show your American pride — Fly the flag and bring out the red, white and blue!
- Smiles Smiles, smiles everywhere. A happy face party theme is sure to make everyone smile.
- Jungle Safari Party Put the “wild” in your party with this fabulous animal print, jungle safari party celebration package.
- Ladies Yoga Night Need an excuse to party hearty? Add a yoga, pilates, or meditation element to your ladies night out and feel virtuous. Keep all the festive decor recommended in Party Idea Pros classic Ladies Night Out or our new Shoes, Glorious Shoes theme packages – simply exchange your high heels and tight jeans for yoga sandals and organic yoga pants and save the cocktails (or better yet, mocktails) and bling for after a good workout.
- Golf Par-Tee! Whether you like playing golf or watching golf, a golfing theme party is a swinging celebration
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame A celebration filled with peanuts, popcorn & cracker jacks is a winning summertime party theme.
- Take Flight: A Butterfly Party Theme Your celebration will take flight with a beautiful butterfly theme party.
- A Day at the Races Although the triple crown is completed horse racing season is in full summertime swing. Ladies don a new fascinator or biggest, wackiest hat, decorate with roses, and serve mint juleps. You can even play the ponies, virtually.
- Race Car Party – Ready Set Go! How can you beat a colorful party filled with racing flags, racing checks, hotrods, and NASCAR heroes galore? Rev up your engines and let Party Idea Pros help make planning your race car party simple and fun — an exhilarating party theme for NASCAR and car racing fans of all ages! Plus the Disney’s Cars2 is set to be released on June 24th!
- Superhero Party – With all the superhero movies recently released, this is sure to be a popular theme this summer
- British Royals Theme Party Hop on the bandwagon and catch the Royal Fever. Ask your guests to don their favorite hat or fascinator or come in full out regalia.
Summer Dinner Party Ideas (as answered by PIP on Yahoo!Answers)
Summer is the perfect time to host a “Go Green” theme for your dinner party. All the food should be fresh grown locally and probably bought at a farmer’s market. You might even consider serving organic wine and organic vodka martinis during your cocktail hour. The actual menu would be determined by what is available and looks good that week. It should be simple but elegantly plated. A fresh, cold, homemade vegetable gazpacho served in martini or margarita glasses might make a perfect first course. Ina Garten, aka The Barefoot Contessa, is always a good source for inspiration. Also, check out PartyIdeaPros.com “What’s Hot – Go Green” for more eco friendly ideas.
Last summer we hosted an elegant but festive Midnight Sun dinner party for our gourmet club. We served aquavit and blue Curaçao martinis with heavy appetizers including a variety of smörgås, (think little sandwiches), Swedish meatballs, 3 different kinds of herring, shrimp salad, and gravlox. (iVillage.com – Food) My decor was blue and yellow, everywhere (Swedish colors). Truthfully, I can’t remember what I served for the first course (probably the gazpacho) but for the main course, I served trout, boiled baby potatoes, and grilled vegetables. We had to stick with fish because of the numerous dietary restrictions of my guests but James Beard has a sample Swedish menu which features roast leg of lamb. For dessert I served a variety of Swedish pastries and a beautiful princess cake.
All in all, a long, leisurely, delightful and very festive evening.
New! Summer Party Invitations!